V5.2.0 January 21, 2020
- Added new devices including Raspberry Pi Camera, Arduino Nano, Arduino Leonardo, Arduino Yun, Arduino Micro, DJI Tello, Orion, 2.4G mBot
- Merged over 150 Arduino Extensions from mBlock 3 to mBlock 5. Added new block extensions. mBlock 5 extension center now has 500+ extensions in total.
- Added Search box for extension center.
- Added new languages, including Persian, Vietnamese, Czech, Catalan.
- Added block Help documentation to help users quickly learn how to use the blocks. Right-click on blocks to access Help documentation.
- Added shortcut “Ctrl + Shift + ←/→” to easily expand/shrink the scripts area. Easier for users to focus on coding.
V5.1 July 01, 2019
GA（General Availability）February 01, 2019
- New Costume Center feature makes positioning more accurate.
- New Online Translation Update feature allows users to quickly obtain the latest translations. All you need is the access to Internet.
- mBlock now can identify your system default language. So you can skip the language setting when you install mBlock for the first time.
- Updated on-screen prompts. You can quickly troubleshoot the problems when you are connecting devices, uploading code, or updating firmware.
- Optimized autocomplete feature facilitates advanced programming learning.
- Improved local file icons, the console in the Python editor and Help menu, etc.
- A considerable amount of bugs fixed and more stable software performance.
Bluetooth 4.0 December 18, 2018
- You can connect mBot and Ranger to mBlock via Bluetooth 4.0
- Better performance in filtering serial ports; “Show all connectable devices” option available
RC3 November 14, 2018
- Compatible with motionblock. Using mBlock PC, you can program motionblock to grab items, shoot balls, move like animals and do more things. （Makeblock HaloCode will be supported soon. Stay with us!）
- Bluetooth 4.0 connection available for mBot and Ranger. (More devices will support Bluetooth 4.0 connection soon!)
RC November 05, 2018
Hotfix version: Fixed some blocks bugs in the Beta 5.
mBlock Beta.5 September 17 ,2018
What’s new in Beta 4:
- My Project
- Cloud storage. After you sign in, your projects will be uploaded to the cloud automatically, so you can sync your files to mBlock 5 App and mBlock 5 Web.
- The Extension Center has a new “IR Remote” feature for Codey Rocky. Using an external IR remote and coding blocks, you can make your Codey Rocky do whatever you like.
What’s upgraded in Beta 4:
- Now Codey can work with Neuron to have more fun!
- Fixed the bug that you can not use “My Blocks” of devices
- New language support for Traditional Chinese and Japanese
- Release Classroom Management platform
- You can sign in with your Teacher/Student accounts.
- You can also sign in with WeChat and QQ accounts.
- New blocks added for mBot and Ranger
- Bug fixes and improved stability.
- Users can use Python to program sprites
- Support program for mBot, both with or without upload the program
- Users can upload images to use as sprites
- View the corresponding code of Python while programming Blocks
- Support Chinese names for Variable and Broadcast
- You can restore Codey to factory settings
- Fixed some bugs
- We optimized the way to connect your device. This time, you will only find those valid devices available for programming(like Codey) in the COM list; and you can check if your device has been correctly connected from the on-screen prompt. In the past, you might feed programs you had written for Codey to other robots or even to your mouse. However, you don’t worry about it anymore now!
- Applause! Welcome new members to our mBlock family, Neuron and micro:bit! In the sprite list, you will find two more sprites, right, Neuron and micro:bit. All you need to do is to have some fun with them and we hope they can serve you well. However, we are still testing the two adds-on, so please stay with us if you run into some trouble. We promise you that we will try our best( well, try our best to push coders…)forever!
- We customized an Extension Center just for you! In the Extension Center, you can freely add or delete all the programming blocks, such as AI, IoT. If you need the block, take it now! If you don’t want it? Ok, delete it anytime. The interface is clear and well ordered.
- BIG NEWS!! We have a new function for you, which is Deep Learning! You can add the Deep Learning function at the bottom-left corner. With the camera, you can teach your computer to recognize various figures. Sounds easy? Yes, just as easy as training your pets. When the model is well trained, you can use the model in your program. In this way, you can interact with the computer, which is so funny and intelligent.
- 12 Examples programs are added for Codey Rocky. You can give your Codey Rocky endless possibilities with one-click. Now, click Examples Programs in the File menu to get inspired.
- Add A Beginner’s Guide. If you are a beginner in using the mBlock, you can get access to Beginner’s Guide in the Help menu. You can find some well-designed guidelines there, which will make it easy for you to get a quick start.