Upload Mode Broadcast
Use "Upload Mode Broadcast" to combine Scratch Stage Programming with device programming under "Upload Mode".
Let's try out "Upload Mode Broadcast" with mBot!
Use a USB cable to connect mBot to a USB port of your computer.
Under "Devices", click "+" to add mBot. Then click "Connect".
Have Some Fun
Let's start a new project to have Panda light up the LED of mBot.
Program the Panda
1) Make sure "Panda" is selected under "Sprites". Click "+" in the Blocks area. From the pop-up Extension Center page, click "+" to add "Upload Mode Broadcast" blocks.
2) Drag an Events block when green flag clicked to the Scripts area. Add an Upload Mode Broadcast block send upload message () and name the message "light".
3) Make sure "mBot" is selected under "Devices". Click "+" in the Blocks area. From the pop-up Extension Center page, click "+" to add "Upload Mode Broadcast" blocks.
4) Drag an Upload Mode Broadcast when receiving upload mode message () to the Scripts area and enter the message "light". Then add a Show block LED (all) shows color () and keep the default red.
5) Click "Upload" to upload the program to mBot.
6) Click the green flag and see what happens!