With the Pen extension, you can enable your sprite to paint words or patterns.
(1) Click the Sprites tab and click + extension at the bottom of the Blocks area.
(2) In the Extension center dialog box that appears, click + Add at the bottom of Pen.
(3) On the editing page, Pen blocks are displayed.
Use "Pen" Blocks
Now that you have learnt the basic programming operations in the previous sections, let's try a faster way for Scratch programming.
Use "Pen" Blocks to Paint a Heart
(1) Three Pen blocks are required in painting a heart. They are set pen color to ( ), pen down, and pen up. We can drag all these three blocks to the Scripts area first.
(2) Set the coordinates for pen down. In this script, let's set them to (0,40).
(3) Set the motion path of the sprite, enabling it to paint the pattern we want.
(4) Set the sprite to move away after pen up to show the entire pattern.